What is ADAS Radar and Camera Calibration
ADAS functions include emergency braking, collision avoidance, lane departure alerts, monitoring of blind spots, pedestrian and vehicle proximity, automatic parking, driver monitoring and plenty more – that’s where ADAS comes in.
It’s a family of systems with one aim: to make driving safer, smarter and smoother. Making our roads safer and car travel more comfortable.
There are four main types of ADAS:
- Adaptive (based on the surrounding environment)
- Automated (for functions the driver cannot perform)
- Monitoring (such as traffic, tyre pressure, blind spot)
Why you need to Calibrate
Like all technologies, ADAS is not infallible! ADAS can lose its effectiveness if any of the cameras / sensors have been moved or bumped – and we are talking millimetres here – or the geometry of the vehicle has been raised or lowered in any way. Sadly you can’t just turn them off and back on again if it is not operating correctly!
So if the cameras / sensors have moved, you may not get a dash warning light, because your ADAS system may think it is still operating correctly.
The main reasons why your ADAS might be on the blink are:
- Windscreen Replacement
- Bull Bar or Rear Bar Fitment
- Suspension Lift fitted
- Change of tyre / wheel size
- Wheel Alignment
- Towing Side Mirrors Fitted
- General Wear and Tear on Suspension
This is ultra-sophisticated technology and so correct ADAS radar and camera calibration, of all its amazing components, is crucial. This ensures you and your passenger remain safe on the road.
Most vehicle manufacturers and insurance companies, recommend that the driver should have their ADAS recalibrated after a calibration event. Typically a vehicle could expect to experience any number of events in a year, impacting on the reliability of the ADAS system. For this reason, we recommend you recalibrate the system each year as part of your regular service
ADAS Radar & Camera Calibration
What We Can Do for You
So if your vehicle is fitted with any of these safety options:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Adaptive Light Control – Swivelling Curve Lights
- Anti-lock Brake System
- Automatic Parking
- Automatic Night Vision
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Collision Avoidance System (Pre-Crash System)
- Crosswind Stabilization
- Cruise Control
- Driver Drowsiness Detection
- Driver Monitoring System
- Electric Vehicle Warning Sounds
- Electronic Stability Control
- Emergency Driver Assistant
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Hill Descent Control
- Intersection Assistant
- Intelligent Speed Adaption (ISA)
- Lane Cantering
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDW)
- Lane Change Assistance
- Parking Sensor
- Pedestrian Protection System
- Rain Sensor
- Surround View System
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Traction Control System
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Turning Assistant
- Vehicular Communication Systems
- Wrong-Way Driving Warning
We are able to provide our mobile ADAS Vehicle Radar and Camera calibration service. Powertune 4×4 & Car Service Centre delivers a full range of diagnostics and are based in Ipswich, but can visit locations from Brisbane southside to Warwick, Logan to Gatton and anywhere in between. Our calibration service is compatible with a large range of vehicle models and camera based driver assist system, so it doesn’t matter if you just want to do your annual ADAS service or you have a vehicle repair workshop that may specialise in crash repairs, 4WD accessory fitting, wheel alignments, suspension fitting or windscreen fitting, we will come to you.
Every Job Personal
Visit us here at Powertune 4×4 & Car Service Centre. Our qualified staff & technicians are ready to take care of you & your vehicle.
- Our Team are always here to help.
- You will get what you paid for.
- Your safety is our highest priority.
- We'll let you know your choices if things change..